We thought you might be interested in the following “Transportation Happenings” last week:
Source: Bob Griffin, First Coast Logistics
- Though OOCL management denies takeover talks, industry press is portraying COSCO as a major Suitor to purchase OOCL.
- MAERSK is of the belief that the ocean shipping rate war is abating.
- YANG MING is in a high debt situation. Be careful of any outstanding receivables there!
- HYUNDAI has emerged as a major contender to buy the Algeciras Terminal interests of Hanjin.
- Trailerload freight rates fell again in December as they have each month since March.
- Ben Meyer spells out the ‘Alliance Effect’ of Big Ships and Alliances, in American Shipper last week, speeding the consolidation of carriers. Click for link to article in American Shipper Magazine.