DON’T FORGET …. ROADCHECK 2017 IS JUNE 6 – 8. BE READY AND CERTAINLY DO EXTRA SPECIAL PRE-TRIPS AND WALKAROUNDS ON BOTH RIGS AND EQUIPMENT BEING HAULED DURING THIS PERIOD
Here are a few ‘Transportation Happenings’ that we thought you might find of interest:
- The merged Japanese Carriers (NYK, MOL and KLine) will operate as Ocean Network Express.
- A leading Shipping Journal has reported that even though Ocean Carriers have shown a $16 Million during the first quarter 2017, they are expected to show a slight profit for the year.
- The St. Lawrence Seaway may have to shut down due to high water. If it does this will be only the second time that has happened.
- The major Container Ship Owning Company (which only exists to charter to others) is to declare insolvency. Rickmers has been unable to restructure hence will make such a declaration soon. This may be good news for Ship Operating Companies especially if they can re-charter at lower rates.
- Truckload Rates are up very slightly in April 2017 which is the first movement on the plus side during the past 13 months.