The following “Transportation Happening” occurred that you may find of interest.
- As previously reported, ROADCHECK 2017 was a success for virtually all of our Terminals with 5 Clean Inspections (1 Level 1 and 4 Level 2) being recorded.
- The Supreme Court of the U. S. has refused to hear the appeal of OOIDA with regards to ELDs. This means that the implementation date for ELDs becomes more certain and all should be in the final stages of preparation.
- The Port of Virginia set a record of 246,871 TEUs being handled in May 2017 which was up 12.5% from May 2016.
- The Port of Miami handled its largest Containership to date the MAERSK SHANGHAI which has a capacity of 10,081 TEUs.
- In a recent article from the Wall Street Journal (attached) it appears that import container volumes may be starting to shift from West Coast Ports to East Coast and Gulf Ports. This of course is partially due to larger ships being able to be accommodated in the Panama Canal. If this trend continues it has to help virtually all our Terminals.