Following are “Transportation Happenings” from the past week that you may find of interest:
- The BIG just seem to be getting BIGGER. The pending purchase of OOCL by COSCO will cost 6.3 Billion Dollars and will result in a 400 ship 2.9 million TEU conglomerate.
- Jeremy Nixon has been named CEO of OCEAN NETWORK EXPRESS which is the new Company resulting in the three Japanese Carriers (NYK, KLine and MOL) joining forces.
- Maersk Line was so heavily hit by the recent virus that they have petitioned the FMC for a 20 day delay in changes to Service Contracts/Rates as they put their house back in order.
- In a similar manner Maersk is waiving Demurrage/Detention Fees from June 27 until July 9, 2017. (It is possible this may vary by location so be sure and check.)
- A study says that Heavy Trucks in the U. S. are now 30% cleaner AND also better in fuel efficiency.
- Container Carriers continue in the news. This article is interesting as it discusses the COSCO and OOCL purchase (Click to read attached article)