The following “Transportation Happenings” occurred during the past week that you may find of interest:
- CROWLEY LOGISTICS won a $2.3 Billion Contract to provide Department of Defense Logistics Services in the U. S. and Canada.
- CROWLEY is joining with EXXON and EAGLE LNG PARTNERS to provide LNG Bunkers in North America.
- SEABOARD MARINE is establishing a new service to Guayaquil, Ecuador, Callao and Paita, Peru.
- Philly Shipyard to build 4 U. S. Flag Container Vessels for the Hawaiian Trade. They will be similar to the latest Matson Ships but, who this new ships are for has not been announced.
- 10 new container ships were ordered during the first 6 months of 2017 versus 56 ordered in the same period 2016 and 90 in the same period 2015.
- WERNER ENTERPRISES’s earnings were up 27% in the second quarter 2017 and KANSAS CITY SOUTHERN’s earnings were up 15% in the same period.
- The Ports of LONG BEACH and LOS ANGELES have released a draft version of their 2017 CLEAN AIR ACTION PLAN (CAAP). Ironically, both the PACIFIC MERCHANT SHIPPING ASSOCIATION and the TEAMSTERS are opposed to this latest plan Click for attached.