1. An on-line Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Marketplace has been launched by six ELD providers in conjunction with the website truckstop.com. (Click for article attached)
2. Imports across all major U. S. Ports are the highest since 2000. Hopefully this will mean good news for all our Terminals.
3. Brazil’s anti-trust authority has approved the MAERSK purchase of HAMBURG-SUD. This means one less impediment to their up-coming merger.
4. The Georgia Port’s Authority announced that they have completed 35% of their expansion plans and already are able to handle 14,000 TEU container vessels.
5. A freak storm has closed the Port of Durban, South Africa. The storm tore many vessels away from their piers including one of MSC’s large containership which ended up with its bow and stern aground on opposite sides of the entrance channel. For more information please Google “Freak Storm Hits Port of Durban”!