“Transportation Happenings” last week that you may find of interest:
1. Direct Chassis Link (DCLI) has acquired 72,000 chassis from TRAC Leasing, bringing DCLI to more than 200,000 chassis in their fleet.
2. An OOCL MegaShip lost power moving through the Suez Canal and grounded with the ship across the Canal. The MAERSK vessel following was able to stop, avoiding a major collision.
3. The U. S. Anti-Trust Authorities have indicated they will have no objection to the merger of COSCO and Orient Overseas International Ltd., (OOIL), which will make it the world’s 3rd largest container line.
4. SEA-LAND (MAERSK’s Inter-American Subsidiary) is adding Port Everglades to its string of Ports service Panama and Central America.
5. I have attached an article on the final proposed version of the Clean Air Action Plan for the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. The projected costs of moving to Zero emissions is enormous, and may well ultimately drive cargo from the Far East to Gulf and East Coast Ports. Mexican and Canadian Ports should benefit also. Click to read article