“Transportation Happenings” that you may find of interest:
1. TESLA unveiled their electric semi to resounding approval from the market – along their stated intention to transform transportation for a more sustainable future. Most notable: free battery recharging, range of 500 miles and the driver’s seat shifts to the center. (See attachment #1)
2. The FMCSA has announced that the new ELD coming in to effect mid-December will not affect Terminal or Owner Operator CSA Scores until April 1, 2018. (See Attachment #2)
3. A Kuehne and Nagel Executive (formerly with HANJIN) has stated he believes that Ocean Alliances are a symptom but not the cause of a recent downturn in container shipping. (See Attachment #3)
4. The Georgia Port’s Authority and the Port of Savannah announce that the capacity of the Port of Savannah will be increased due to rail and gate expansions. (See Attachment #4)
5. HAPAG-LLOYD, which recently merged with UASC, has announced there will be no newbuildings in the next few years. (See Attachment #5).