The following “Transportation Happenings” occurred during the past week that you may find of interest.
1. Sea-Tac Airport (Seattle) is to require all airlines to use sustainable fuels.
2. Jacksonville Port Volumes are up 23% so far in FY 2018.
3. Port Canaveral received its first autocarrier direct from the Far East.
4. The large furniture retailer “Article” is building a 300,000 + square foot DC in the Jacksonville Port Area.
5. One of our Terminal Managers, Tom Adamski, of FC of NJ is going to appear on the FMC’s Port Practices Hearing Panel in January. This is a Panel looking into Port congestion.