The following “Transportation Happenings” occurred during the past week that you may find of interest.
1. The Port of NY/NJ will ban at all of its Terminals starting next week any truck with an engine built before 1995.
2. APL has announced a new Trans-Atlantic Service with inbound calls at New York, Savannah and Miami and outbound calls at Savannah and Philadelphia.
3. The Alabama State Port Authority and APM Terminals (MAERSK) a $49.5 million expansion of their facilities in the Port of Mobile.
4. Click to read attached for an article on a Russian Ship in trouble in the U. K. but somehow made it to Port safely.
5. Click to read an article by a Steamship Line Executive on how the U. S. Ports must adapt to changing customer demands and future industry trajectory.