The following “Transportation Happenings” occurred during the past week that you may find of interest.
1. A recent NBC news story reported it will require 37 years for US bridges known to be in disrepair, to be properly reinforced as adequate infrastructure for our nation, if those repairs were to take place at the current rate. Clearly there is need for improvement.
2. The new “Tax Plan” has prompted UPS to invest 12 Billion Dollars in its Network over the next few years.
3. The World Container Index is up 5% indicating very strong demand – which should bode well for carriers.
4. The Port of Virginia has announced a new Reservation System. Click to read attachment
5. The Port of Baltimore has enhanced the operation at their major Seagirt Terminal. Click to read attachment.