Congratulations to James from the entire First Coast family. We look forward to gathering in…
We thought you might be interested in the following “Transportation Happenings” for the week ending October 19th, 2018:
- Santosh Patil does a deep dive into the “container conundrum”, in which carriers have found themselves oversupplied.
- The new Japanese consortium ONE is forecasting to suffer a $600 million loss after its full first year.
- A new bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives that would require shippers to vet carriers before hiring them, as well as clarifying the assumption that the DOT’s CSA rankings should be used when hiring a carrier.
- Uber has opened a trailer rental division called Powerloop, intending to connect small and medium carriers with filled trailers.
- Pier Pass 2.0—the revised form of the OffPeak program for providing extended gate hours—is expected to get rolling on November 19th in the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
- MSC is to equip 50,000 containers with tracking devices, utilizing “smart container” technology.
Source: Bob Griffin, First Coast Logistics