Congratulations to James from the entire First Coast family. We look forward to gathering in…
We thought you might be interested in the following “Transportation Happenings” for the week ending November 16th, 2018:
- The 3rd quarter earnings reports from several of steamship lines show mixed results. Maersk and Hapag-Lloyd experienced gains ($360 and $130 million, respectively) while Hyundai and ZIM saw losses ($148 and $66 million, respectively).
- While many terminals do not experience heavy winter weather, the O/Os of all terminals are exposed at some time. This article gives some good tips on preventative maintenance to counteract the effects of road salt.
- Container carriers are reducing their capacity in 2019 to try and match supply and demand, as well as mitigate high fuel costs.
- Asian imports are surging into the U.S. gulf ports, a positive result from their efforts to attract all-water services from Asia.
- The EPA is re-opening the issue on reduction of nitrogen oxide emissions from trucks, which may affect new engines.
Source: Bob Griffin, First Coast Logistics