Congratulations to James from the entire First Coast family. We look forward to gathering in…
We thought you might be interested in the following “Transportation Happenings” for the week ending November 23rd, 2018:
- The Port of Jacksonville has won $46 million for deepening their harbor to 47 feet.
- Charleston has also won $41.4 million for dredging their harbor to 52 feet.
- Maersk is reducing their fleet capacity to better match demand, enabling their competitors to take over more of their market share.
- CVSA has directed their inspectors not to disturb O/Os for random inspections if they are sleeping while legally parked.
- BIMCO’s Peter Sand predicts that the global container fleet will grow 3% next year, but cautions that the current trade war may have unexpected effects.
- Hapag-Lloyd claims that consolidation is no longer attractive in the industry and is focusing more on customer service going into 2023.
Source: Bob Griffin, First Coast Logistics